How Many Shows is too much?
If your band plays 10+ Shows a year in around the same area. How many of your family, friends and fans will attend them? Not many.
You are asking them to travel, pay to get into a venue, pay for overpriced food and drinks and wait till your band gets on. They will do this the first time and maybe the second but after that you are playing to empty crowds.
It's not them or your music.
How do you change this? You need to do something new to make people want to come to your show.
I will use a band we have seen a few times as an example. This was the first live local show we went to.
Phear they are a great band. Their shows are different all the time. They maybe play 3 shows a year but they make it a show to remember and at the end you can't wait to see them again.
How do they do this?
1. They don't do many shows in a year. Not overexposed
2. There is only 2 or 3 bands performing that night. Getting 6 bands is not a great thing for your fans, Family and friends, as they come to see you perform not 5 other bands.
3. They do a full production. The just don't bring the guitars, drums and amps and jump on stage and play. They have Laser, Lights and Fog as well preprogrammed intro and so on.
4. well planned in advance. Most bands are putting shows together in 2 to 4 weeks. Not enough time.
5. Offer the fans something like the first to people get something from the band.
Please share what has worked for you and your band.